Sunday, May 04, 2008

spring has sprung!

I woke up feeling pretty lousy today, but I rallied and told R lets go to County Line Nursery! I'm exhausted now, but I'm glad I did. We bought some butterfly bushes to start a natural fence along the walking path...unfortunately the ground is ridiculously hard and full of rocks there. We're trying to water it and hopefully soften it up, but we might have to go out and buy a pick ax. R also requested roses, so we bought a yellow Knock Out rose. While we were at the nursery, R happened to notice an herb called savory. I wasn't really familiar with it, but we decided to buy it and other herb friends and now we have an herb garden! It is soooo tiny in the middle of our property, but I am excited to get more dirt and fill it with unusual herbs. Right now we have savory, rosemary, sage, French thyme, lemon thyme, garlic, bay laurel, greek oregano, verbena, chives and mint in its own pot. We have some dill & cilantro that sprouted in a pot that we brought from the old house, so that was pretty cool : )

Okay, I should be trying to get stuff done. I have too much to do and not enough time to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home